Monday, August 20, 2012

Hello/Welcome!

Hi there!

I don't really expect anyone to read this - maybe Jess (my BIF [best internet friend] and blogger at The Mod Mermaid), if even.

You probably don't know me, but my name is Julia. I created and blogged on LushiesUnite - an entirely Lush Cosmetics devoted blog - for over a year. Sadly (and not so sadly!) my passion for Lush has dwindled a bit... moreso drifted into experimenting with other companies and products. I still use a lot of Lush products, but have started to branch out a lot. This blog will help document that journey and be a new creative outlet for me! I've missed blogging on LushiesUnite ever since I chose to start taking a break, and I think that starting a new blog that is a bit less "brand exclusive" will help fire up my blogging spark again! :)

I read a lot of make-up blogs and watch a LOT of beauty gurus on YouTube. I am by no means an expert... at all! I like to think that my makeup skills have improved a bit in the last year with practice, but I'm definitely still learning. At first, I was a little hesitant to darken up that smokey eye or don a bold lip since makeup had never been a staple in my everyday look - but I've started to in the last few months, and I'm excited about it!!

I hope this can become a regular 'thing' for me. It's certainly become a 'thing' on my bank statement, which I'm sure a lot of you can relate to! My next post will be a sort of "get to know this beauty blogger tag" that I'm going to make up... we'll see how that goes! ;) I'm new to Blogger/Blogspot so I'm still learning how it works (I'm originally a Tumblr girl, myself!) but let me know if you have a similiar beauty blog - I'd love to check it out and follow if I like the content!! (?... is that what we do on here?) ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment